By Joel Smith
Phenomenology is the overall learn of the constitution of expertise, from concept and conception, to self-consciousness, bodily-awareness, and emotion. it really is either a primary quarter of philosophy and an enormous methodological method in the human sciences.
Experiencing Phenomenology is an exceptional creation to phenomenology. forthcoming basic phenomenological questions from a serious, systematic point of view when paying cautious cognizance to vintage phenomenological texts, the booklet possesses a readability and breadth that might be welcomed by means of scholars coming to the topic for the 1st time.
Accessibly written, each one bankruptcy relates vintage phenomenological discussions to modern matters and debates in philosophy. the subsequent key themes are brought and explained:
- the methodological foundations of phenomenology
- intentionality because the ‘mark of the psychological’ and the matter of non-existent items
- perceptual adventure, together with our wisdom of items, homes, and events
- the event of physique, self, and others
- imaginative and emotional experience
- detailed discussions of classical phenomenological texts, including:
- Brentano's Psychology from an Empirical Standpoint
- Husserl's Logical Investigations, Cartesian Meditations, and On the Phenomenology of the cognizance of inner Time
- Heidegger’s History of the concept that of Time, and Being and Time
- Stein's On the matter of Empathy
- Sartre's Transcendence of the Ego, Sketch for a idea of the Emotions, and The Imaginary
- Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception.
Also integrated is a thesaurus of keywords and proposals for extra interpreting, making this booklet a great place to begin for an individual new to the research of phenomenology, not just in Philosophy yet comparable disciplines equivalent to Psychology and Sociology.
Read or Download Experiencing Phenomenology: An Introduction PDF
Best philosophical movements books
Pragmatism and the Reflective existence explains the ethical viewpoint embedded within the American pragmatist culture and provides pragmatist ethical inspiration instead to analytic ethical idea. Following the lead of John Dewey, Rosenbaum explores what it ability to make the best of the reflective existence implicit in pragmatism valuable to an figuring out of morality.
Flesh and physique, initially published in French in 1981, is a pioneering learn that offers either an in depth examining of Husserl's phenomenology of courting among flesh and physique in addition to Didier Franck's personal hugely unique account of flesh. Husserl's paintings at the physique inspired many phenomenologists, together with Merleau-Ponty, Ricoeur, Henry, and Levinas, to call quite a few.
Michel Foucault’s suggestion of “biopower” has been a hugely fertile idea in contemporary idea, influencing thinkers around the globe throughout quite a few disciplines and matters. within the heritage of Sexuality: An advent, Foucault famously hired the time period to explain “a strength bent on producing forces, making them develop, and ordering them, instead of one devoted to impeding them, making them post, or destroying them.
Es conflict René Descartes, der die Welt im 17. Jahrhundert auf den Kurs steuerte, dessen Stationen bald seine kühnsten Träume übersteigen sollten: die Rationalisierung der Welt, ihre Erkundung und Beherrschung durch die Methoden der Messung, des Zählens, Quantifizierens und Analysierens. Philip J. Davis und Reuben Hersh fahren diese direction erneut ab und stellen in ihrem »Kursbuch«, das erstmals 1986 erschien, eine Reihe wichtiger Fragen: Wie beeinflußt die Computerisierung der Welt die materiellen und intellektuellen Bausteine unserer Zivilisation?
- Sul pragmatismo. L'eredità di Peirce, James e Dewey nel pensiero contemporaneo (La cultura) (Italian Edition)
- Economic Writings: Selections 1904-1945: 23 (Vienna Circle Collection)
- Feminist Interventions in Ethics and Politics: Feminist Ethics and Social Theory (Feminist Constructions)
- Humans, Animals, Machines: Blurring Boundaries
- Nietzsche as Political Philosopher (Nietzsche Today)
- Conspiracy Panics: Political Rationality and Popular Culture
Extra info for Experiencing Phenomenology: An Introduction
Experiencing Phenomenology: An Introduction by Joel Smith
Categories: Philosophical Movements