By Martin J Brodie,Steven C Schachter,Patrick Kwan
- The diagnostic necessities - category of seizures, stipulations which may mimic epileptic seizures, scientific review of the sufferer and the most recent brain-imaging techniques
- the foundations of drug choice and treatment withdrawal
- An up to date evaluate of all 15 antiepileptic medications at the market
- The non-pharmacological recommendations for sufferers with medically refractory epilepsy, together with deep mind stimulation
- unique concerns for ladies, aged humans, young ones and other people with studying disabilities
- Psychiatric morbidities - melancholy, anxiousness and psychosis
- the results of epilepsy on employment, using, lifestyles assurance and lifestyle.
- The administration of sufferers with epilepsy is a group attempt related to scientific and social carrier execs and the patient's kin, neighbors and colleagues. fundamental care services are on the leading edge of care, often acting the preliminary evaluate after the 1st seizure, making dose changes to the patient's drug remedy and delivering ongoing support.
Now in its 5th version, this ever-popular guide is a smartly packaged, up to date source for the busy clinician and group, to assist examine, diagnose and effectively deal with young ones and adults with quite a lot of seizure disorders.
Read or Download Fast Facts: Epilepsy PDF
Best neuropsychology books
This crucial table reference will meet the call for for a vast and handy number of normative information in baby neuropsychology. In a in actual fact written, well-organized demeanour, it compiles released and formerly unpublished normative facts for the neuropsychological checks which are most typically used with youngsters.
Integrating state of the art learn from a number of disciplines, this publication presents a dynamic and holistic photo of the constructing little one brain. individuals discover the transactions between genes, the mind, and the surroundings within the earliest years of existence. the amount probes the neural correlates of center sensory, perceptual, cognitive, emotional, and social capacities.
The second one version of this complete textbook for college kids of Neuropsychology offers an intensive review of the complicated dating among mind and behavior. With an outstanding mix of medical, experimental and theoretical insurance, it attracts at the newest study findings from neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, neurochemistry, medical neuropsychology and neuropsychology to supply scholars with new insights during this fast paced box.
This quantity attracts jointly present study on dyslexia and literacy in multilingual settings throughout disciplines and methodologies. The members, all the world over regarded within the box, handle developmental and purchased literacy problems and dyslexia in a variety of language contexts together with EAL/EFL.
Additional resources for Fast Facts: Epilepsy
Fast Facts: Epilepsy by Martin J Brodie,Steven C Schachter,Patrick Kwan